satellite assemblies

Sathiamoorthy

Hi,

What is satellite assemblies? How can we use create satellite assemblies?
Please any one give with Examples.

Regards,

R.Sathaiamoorthy

Francisco Garcia

Satellite assemblies are resource-only assemblies which contain resources
for a given culture.

For an example, follow these steps:

Create a new Windows Application called Satellite
Set the Form's Text to "House"
Now, set the "Localizable" property of the form to true
Now, set the Language property of the form to "French"
Now, set the Text property to "Maison"
Now, set the Language property of the form to "Spanish"
Now, set the Text property to "Casa"

Build your project. The result will be an executable file ("Satellite.exe")
and two satellite assemblies with resources in French and Spanish.

Hope it helps

Sathiamoorthy

Thanks for your example.

I created the assemblies which contains fr, es folder.

i clicked the Satellite.exe the text properity of the form is showing only
"House"

How can i view the "Maison" and "Casa"

Thanks and Regards,

R.Sathiamoorthy

Francisco Garcia

Satellite.exe will automatically select the best choice according to O.S.
settings.

Programmatically, you can change the culture used for reading resources by:

System.Threading.Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentUICulture = new
CultureInfo("fr-FR");

I haven't tested that line; it might contains errors, but the process is
that:

You set the CurrentUICulture property of current thread to a CultureInfo
object for desired culture.

Hope it helps

Richard Grimes [MVP]

Sathiamoorthy said:
Hi,

What is satellite assemblies? How can we use create satellite
assemblies? Please any one give with Examples.

see section 9 of my Fusion tutorial

http://www.grimes.demon.co.uk/workshops/fusionWS.htm

Satellite assemblies are not assemblies in the sense that we know it.
They are not loaded by Fusion, versioning is different to assemblies,
they don't contain code and there is no security (d'oh no code so no
code access security). Personally, if I had been in charge of this at
Microsoft, I would never have called them assemblies.

Richard