satellite assembly.

archana

Hi all,

I am developing satellite assembly. I have resource file string.resx
When i create it in another version say string.de.resx its
corresponding folder that is de is getting creating which is having
dll.

so when i set culture as de all resources from string.de.resx file
will gets read.

My problem is i deployed my exe on another pc and then created japnesh
version of string.resx file.
Means i first created .resource file and then satellite assembly
from .resouce file. I created folder with name 'ja' and added this
satellite assembly into this folder. When i set culture to 'ja' i am
expecting that all resources will gets read from this assembly which
is not happening?

if i do same tin on visual studio that is add string.ja.resx file then
everything works find.
But when i try to create satellite assembly using al.exe its not
working.

can anyone tell me why this is happening?

thanks in advance.

bruce barker

you are probably using compiled resource files. see the resgen.exe
utility to gen the code for al.exe

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)