    Has anyone here experienced with 'Satellite TV for PC' please?

    Is it really worthy?

    Willy
    Willy, Nov 24, 2006

  2. Willy

    Neredbojias Guest

    To further the education of mankind, "Willy" <>
    vouchsafed:

    > Has anyone here experienced with 'Satellite TV for PC' please?
    >
    > Is it really worthy?

    Is any TV "really worthy"? Nah.

    --
    Neredbojias
    Infinity has its limits.
    Neredbojias, Nov 25, 2006

  3. Willy

    cwdjrxyz Guest

    Willy wrote:
    > Has anyone here experienced with 'Satellite TV for PC' please?
    >
    > Is it really worthy?

    There are not many hits for this product on Google yet, which is
    unusual. Most of the hits are about places that want to sell this
    software. However I found no detailed description of just what is being
    offered. There are many, many thousands of video signals that are sent
    around the world via various combinations of satellite, fiber optics
    land, etc links. Most of these would be of absolutely no interest to
    most people. The more desirable satellite and cable feeds are highly
    encrypted and require one of several decoders to decode, and this is
    turned on after you pay. In many countries it is illegal to make or
    distribute pirate equipment or programs to overcome the encryption, and
    usually the distributors of the programs change their encryption enough
    to shut down pirate units once they become aware of them.

    My advice is that this program seems to be nearly too good to be true,
    so I would wait until you can find out more details from a Google
    search, such as:
    Just which specific video programs are received. Does the software work
    well. Is the seller of the software reliable. Have there been any
    complaints to the Better Business Bureau or like organizations. Are
    video program providers likely to lock it out soon, if the software
    really works. Would you have to buy anything else for the program to
    work.

    On both C and Ku band satellites, there are many free feeds in a
    variety of formats, and each format requires a special receiver for it.
    In the US, most of the big cable channels such as HBO, Showtime, etc
    are encrypted with a Motorola digital method. Since I have C and Ku
    band receivers and a 10 ft dish that is programmed to automatically
    rotate to receive the many satellites, I can see many of the free ones,
    but most of these are only of special interest - say training in
    selling a certain make of car. I have to subscribe and pay for HBO,
    Showtime, etc to get them turned on. The little dish services usually
    do not offer the free services available with the big dish, but they
    cost much less to install. However I pay much less for HBO, Showtime,
    etc. on the large dish than you pay on cable or the small dishes, which
    for the most part just convert the feeds I get and uplink them to the
    small dish satellites.
    cwdjrxyz, Nov 25, 2006
  4. Willy

    Willy Guest

    "cwdjrxyz" <> schreef in bericht

    > Willy wrote:
    > > Has anyone here experienced with 'Satellite TV for PC' please?
    > >
    > > Is it really worthy?

    > There are not many hits for this product on Google yet, which is
    > unusual. Most of the hits are about places that want to sell this
    > software. However I found no detailed description of just what is being
    > offered. There are many, many thousands of video signals that are sent
    > around the world via various combinations of satellite, fiber optics
    > land, etc links. Most of these would be of absolutely no interest to
    > most people. The more desirable satellite and cable feeds are highly
    > encrypted and require one of several decoders to decode, and this is
    > turned on after you pay. In many countries it is illegal to make or
    > distribute pirate equipment or programs to overcome the encryption, and
    > usually the distributors of the programs change their encryption enough
    > to shut down pirate units once they become aware of them.
    >
    > My advice is that this program seems to be nearly too good to be true,
    > so I would wait until you can find out more details from a Google
    > search, such as:
    > Just which specific video programs are received. Does the software work
    > well. Is the seller of the software reliable. Have there been any
    > complaints to the Better Business Bureau or like organizations. Are
    > video program providers likely to lock it out soon, if the software
    > really works. Would you have to buy anything else for the program to
    > work.
    >
    > On both C and Ku band satellites, there are many free feeds in a
    > variety of formats, and each format requires a special receiver for it.
    > In the US, most of the big cable channels such as HBO, Showtime, etc
    > are encrypted with a Motorola digital method. Since I have C and Ku
    > band receivers and a 10 ft dish that is programmed to automatically
    > rotate to receive the many satellites, I can see many of the free ones,
    > but most of these are only of special interest - say training in
    > selling a certain make of car. I have to subscribe and pay for HBO,
    > Showtime, etc to get them turned on. The little dish services usually
    > do not offer the free services available with the big dish, but they
    > cost much less to install. However I pay much less for HBO, Showtime,
    > etc. on the large dish than you pay on cable or the small dishes, which
    > for the most part just convert the feeds I get and uplink them to the
    > small dish satellites.

    Thanks for your advice, cwdjrxyz.
    Your explanation seems very readsonnable to me
    Have a good day!

    Willy
    Willy, Nov 25, 2006