Save and then display msword documents as html, filtered html, single file .mht or pdf.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by AAaron123, Nov 16, 2009.

  1. AAaron123

    AAaron123 Guest

    I need to make many files from ms word available for viewing on my site.

    I believe word can produce html, filtered html, single file .mht and pdf.

    I tried an iframe showing the two htm file types. I'll check out the mht in
    a few minutes to see if that displays OK.

    I need to find out how to display the pdf and any suggestions would be
    appreciated.

    But the real reason for this post is to ask what format would you use.

    Lacking experience I don't know the down sides and advantages to the
    different formats.

    Thanks
    AAaron123, Nov 16, 2009

  2. Re: Save and then display msword documents as html, filtered html,single file .mht or pdf.

    On Nov 16, 7:00 pm, "AAaron123" <> wrote:
    > I need to make many files from ms word  available for viewing on my site.
    >
    > I believe word can produce html, filtered html, single file .mht and pdf.
    >
    > I tried an iframe showing the two htm file types. I'll check out the mht in
    > a few minutes to see if that displays OK.
    >
    > I need to find out how to display the pdf and any suggestions would be
    > appreciated.
    >
    > But the real reason for this post is to ask what format would you use.
    >
    > Lacking experience I don't know the down sides and advantages to the
    > different formats.
    >
    > Thanks

    PDF and MHT are not formats of MS Word. For PDF you will need to have
    a PDF viewer, such as Acrobat Reader installed on the system. MHT also
    does not need Word, but will not work in all browsers (see more on
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MHTML).

    Example of embedded PDF in iframe
    http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/html/iframe-pdf.html
    Alexey Smirnov, Nov 17, 2009