    clicked so that the records are saved to the backend database.

    Thanks

    Steve
    Stephen Lynch, Sep 5, 2006

  2. Hi,

    Stephen Lynch wrote:
    > What is the best way to insure that an edit table fields are saved on an
    > exit.
    >
    > For example, I have an edit panel on a page. I do not want to post back on
    > every field, but if an end user goes to another page I want the save button
    > clicked so that the records are saved to the backend database.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Steve

    Unfortunately, there is no 100% reliable way. The onunload event in the
    body tag can be used for this, but you cannot be 100% sure that the
    action will be executed when the user closes the browser, for example.

    If it is vital to save the data to the server, then I recommend using
    AJAX to send the field's content to the server on a regular basis, for
    example every time that a key is pressed. If it is not vital, then you
    must design your application keeping that limitation in mind.

    HTH,
    Laurent
    --
    Laurent Bugnion, GalaSoft