    Is it possible to write asp file which create some text file and then save
    in local drive automatically without human interaction? I haven't any idea.
    Thx.

    Tommy, May 11, 2005

  2. Tommy

    Patrice Guest

    "Local" ? If you meant "client side" obviously no for satefy reasons (the
    user will have to tell where to save the file). You still can use an ActiveX
    control, a Java applet or a .NET control that the user will have to "accept"
    first...

    "Server side" there is no problem see the "Scripting.FileSystemObject" for
    example that allows to write files on the "local" (from the ASP page point
    of view) server side disks...

    Patrice

    Patrice, May 11, 2005