Save file through http on a different server

Darko Stipcevic

Hello!

Can I somehow store file through http request?

My Java process is running on test2 machine and I would like to
store file on a test1 machine. Both servers are located in the same domain.

Example:
http:\\test1\directory_something\my_file.xml

is readable from test2 but how to store some file to this location?

Thx!

Thomas Weidenfeller

Darko said:
Can I somehow store file through http request?

Why HTTP?
Example:
http:\\test1\directory_something\my_file.xml

is readable from test2 but how to store some file to this location?

You need a web server which supports PUT requests (rare), or you could
try you luck with POST requests and some CGI to move the POST's body to
the desired location.

You could also consider using the WebDAV extensions to HTTP (and a
WebDAV capable server or server module) in case you need to have finer
control.

/Thomas