Save file to client system

Rajani

How can i save the textarea(retrieved from DB) data to client system as a
textfile.
I am using filesystemobject to create a text file with the path

set fso=server.createObject("scripting.filesystemobject")
set ctext=fso.createtextfile("c:\mydata.txt",true)
ctext.close
set ctext=nothing
set fso=nothing

But it is storing in the server cwebserver c:\ drive)
My users will access simultaneously in my LAN. They use these textfiles to
print in DOS mode. Coz it contains large and formated data and to print
faster.
How can i store the generated output to the client system only instead of
server. B'coz the data generated is diff for each user.

I have to print only in DOS mode and to be at client system.

wantmeet

Rajani said:
How can i save the textarea(retrieved from DB) data to client system as a
textfile.
I am using filesystemobject to create a text file with the path

set fso=server.createObject("scripting.filesystemobject")
set ctext=fso.createtextfile("c:\mydata.txt",true)
ctext.close
set ctext=nothing
set fso=nothing

But it is storing in the server cwebserver c:\ drive)
My users will access simultaneously in my LAN. They use these textfiles to
print in DOS mode. Coz it contains large and formated data and to print
faster.
How can i store the generated output to the client system only instead of
server. B'coz the data generated is diff for each user.

I have to print only in DOS mode and to be at client system.

John

You have to save the file to server and then, transfer to client.
asp is can not access client system directly. ASP is Active [Server]
Script.

John

You have to save the file to server and then, transfer to client.
asp is can not access client system directly. ASP is Active [Server]
Script.

Des Perado

Rajani said:
How can i save the textarea(retrieved from DB) data to client system as a
textfile.

You can't. It would be a fine way for virus writers and other vermin to
disseminate their stuff if a browser could walk all over our hard disks at
the client end.
You will have to get the end-user himself to take a positive download action
to achieve a save to his hard disk.