Save new page on server

john

All,

I am writing a small application that allows users to create a new
HTML file automatically, by entering just a few elements (page title,
body text, etc). I can create the new page and everything, I just
can't figure out how to save the new page on the server.

I don't want the user to have to click File -> Save As on their
browser and then save it. Is there any way to automatically save the
newly created page on the server...and if so, can the file name be
specified?

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

kaeli

I don't want the user to have to click File -> Save As on their
browser and then save it. Is there any way to automatically save the
newly created page on the server...and if so, can the file name be
specified?

Not with javascript under the normal security environment in a cross-
browser fashion.

You can do this with server-side programming, such as CGI, Java or ASP.

~kaeli~
Hey, if you got it flaunt it! If you don't, stare
at someone who does. Just don't lick the TV screen,
it leaves streaks.
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace