    newly created page on the server...and if so, can the file name be
    specified?

    Any help would greatly be appreciated.
    john, Sep 17, 2003

  2. john

    kaeli Guest

    In article <>,
    enlightened us with...

    > I don't want the user to have to click File -> Save As on their
    > browser and then save it. Is there any way to automatically save the
    > newly created page on the server...and if so, can the file name be
    > specified?

    Not with javascript under the normal security environment in a cross-
    browser fashion.

    You can do this with server-side programming, such as CGI, Java or ASP.

    ~kaeli~
    Hey, if you got it flaunt it! If you don't, stare
    at someone who does. Just don't lick the TV screen,
    it leaves streaks.
    http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
    http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace
    kaeli, Sep 17, 2003