    page. I'm looking for a way to save this data on the visitors machine
    so it does not need to be loaded from the server on every page. Anyone
    know a way to do this?

    Ciaran, Jun 19, 2007

  2. Ciaran wrote:
    > I'm getting experimental here!
    > My site loads a complicated image and links menu at the top of every
    > page. I'm looking for a way to save this data on the visitors machine
    > so it does not need to be loaded from the server on every page. Anyone
    > know a way to do this?

    Yeah, you do nothing. Your visitor's browser will do it for you, it's
    called caching.

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

    Jonathan N. Little, Jun 19, 2007

  3. Ciaran

    Ciaran Guest

    On Jun 19, 2:35 pm, "Jonathan N. Little" <>
    wrote:
    > Ciaran wrote:
    > > I'm getting experimental here!
    > > My site loads a complicated image and links menu at the top of every
    > > page. I'm looking for a way to save this data on the visitors machine
    > > so it does not need to be loaded from the server on every page. Anyone
    > > know a way to do this?

    > Yeah, you do nothing. Your visitor's browser will do it for you, it's
    > called caching.
    >
    > --
    > Take care,
    >
    > Jonathan
    > -------------------
    > LITTLE WORKS STUDIOhttp://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

    Even with caching tho, I'm noticing a slight delay while the images
    are loaded into the menu - especially with IE. presumably this is the
    browser checking to see if the images have changed. I'm looking for a
    way to load the menu once when the user logs in. Is there any way to
    do that?

    Ciaran, Jun 19, 2007
  4. Ciaran wrote:

    > Even with caching tho, I'm noticing a slight delay while the images
    > are loaded into the menu - especially with IE. presumably this is the
    > browser checking to see if the images have changed. I'm looking for a
    > way to load the menu once when the user logs in. Is there any way to
    > do that?

    Check the cache setting on *your* browser. Of course most probable your
    browser setting who can say what ______________________ page does.
    That's right, ___________________ because that is all we can see because
    you have not provided a URL and our crystal balls are down for
    repair...Web2.0 upgrade ;-)

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan