"Save" saving the wrong page...or no page

Richie

I'm not sure if I see two presentations of the same problem
in two browsers or two different problems.

I have an application which opens a new window and creates
a page in it from scratch. That works fine in Firefox and
IE V5.5. (Just the two browsers easiest for me to access.)
The content of this page is valuable and I typically save it
using the browser "Save" or "Save (Page) As" option from the
File menu *of the page just created*.

Firefox usually gives me the output I want, the created page.
But sometimes it gives me my original page, the creator. In
all cases, the file name suggested in the "Save As" dialog
box is that of the original page.

IE sometimes refuses to complete the save, saying, "This Web
page could not be saved." It uses the title of the created
page as the suggested file name.

I'm running under Windows ME. The problem exists regardless
of whether I'm trying to overwrite an existing page or not.

In all cases I've been able to work around the problem by
opening the source window for the created page, and using the
Save dialog there.

Any ideas on why this might occur? Why it might be
intermittent? The creating page is in active development
so the second question might be useless to ask. I've not
asked this in any browser-specific forums. Yet.

Thanks!