    Markus Pöhler
    netpoint-edv gmbh
    Germany

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFya3VzUG9laGxlcg==?=, Aug 1, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?TWFya3VzUG9laGxlcg==?=

    Patrice Guest

    Looks like an encoding issue. For example a doc displayed on a site could
    display well with encoding sent as part of the HTTP header but might be not
    correctly displayed when saved as headers are not saved and the encoding
    will be not known.

    If this is along those lines you could try to add a meta tag to specify
    which encoding you are using. Try :
    http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/charset.html

    --
    Patrice

    ?
    > (Euro Sign) are not shown, I get some wrong symbols.
    > After manually open the fine with notepad and just saving it, the HTML

    (BODY

    Patrice, Aug 1, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?TWFya3VzUG9laGxlcg==?=

    Joerg Jooss Guest

    MarkusPoehler wrote:

    > After saving TEXT combined with HTML Tags into a HTM File by ASP.NET
    > using filestream, the HTM Files is not displayed correctly in IE.
    > Umlaute & e.g. € (Euro Sign) are not shown, I get some wrong
    > symbols. After manually open the fine with notepad and just saving
    > it, the HTML (BODY part)is displayed correctly, TITLE is still wrong!
    > Whats wrong there?

    Nothing. Lacking a HTTP Content-Type header, the browser guesses the
    character encoding and simply errs. Either put a META tag in your HTML
    as Patrice suggested, or select the correct encoding manually in your
    browser.

    Cheers,
    --
    http://www.joergjooss.de