Saved HTM File not displayed correctly

Guest

After saving TEXT combined with HTML Tags into a HTM File by ASP.NET using
filestream, the HTM Files is not displayed correctly in IE. Umlaute & e.g. €
(Euro Sign) are not shown, I get some wrong symbols.
After manually open the fine with notepad and just saving it, the HTML (BODY
part)is displayed correctly, TITLE is still wrong! Whats wrong there?

Patrice

Looks like an encoding issue. For example a doc displayed on a site could
display well with encoding sent as part of the HTTP header but might be not
correctly displayed when saved as headers are not saved and the encoding
will be not known.

If this is along those lines you could try to add a meta tag to specify
which encoding you are using. Try :
http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/charset.html

Joerg Jooss

MarkusPoehler said:
After saving TEXT combined with HTML Tags into a HTM File by ASP.NET
using filestream, the HTM Files is not displayed correctly in IE.
Umlaute & e.g. € (Euro Sign) are not shown, I get some wrong
symbols. After manually open the fine with notepad and just saving
it, the HTML (BODY part)is displayed correctly, TITLE is still wrong!
Whats wrong there?

Nothing. Lacking a HTTP Content-Type header, the browser guesses the
character encoding and simply errs. Either put a META tag in your HTML
as Patrice suggested, or select the correct encoding manually in your
browser.

Cheers,