SaveFailureException when importing EAR file generated from ANT script

Rob Manger

Hi Guys,

Newbie question here. I have the following problem. I am trying to
automate the generation and deployment of EAR files using ANT on a
windows box. The generation and deployment of the files works fine.
The import of the resulting EAR file works fine when installing into
Websphere on a Win 2K3 Server environment, however, the import fails
when importing into Websphere on a Unix environment with the error:

com.ibm.ejs.sm.exception.OpException: cannot save the ear
filecom.ibm.etools.archive.exception.SaveFailureException: Error
saving file xxxx.EAR

This occurs even when using the Websphere Java IDE ANT plugin to
generate the EAR file. However, when extracting the EAR file from the
IDE without using ANT, the import works on Unix.

Can anyone tell me if this is an issue with compression/encoding or
something that is fixable? Is this a known conflict between ANT and WebSphere?

Thanx in advance

Rob Manger
(e-mail address removed)