    Thanks,
    Alex
    , Dec 31, 2006

  2. wrote:
    > I am creating an XML document on my page with javascript. My question
    > is, is it possible to save that xml file on the server (I have write
    > permissions) only using javascript, ie no server code? This task would
    > be trivial using server code, but I was wondering if I can do it all
    > with client code and post backs? Well, any input?

    You could try a HTTP PUT request with the body of the request being the
    XML. That is possible (in theory) with XMLHttpRequest/XMLHTTP, not sure
    all implementations support HTTP PUT. On the other hand having a server
    open to accept a PUT without some sort of protection is not a good idea.
    And if you have some authentication in place then the code on your web
    page would show the credentials to the rest of the world.

    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/
    Martin Honnen, Dec 31, 2006