Saving a file to the response stream instead of disk

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by DC, Jan 15, 2008.

  1. DC

    DC Guest

    Hi,

    I am currently dealing with a html to pdf converter (http://
    www.coolutils.com/TotalHTMLConverter) and this tool takes a url and a
    destination file and converts alright. But I want to stream the data
    directly to the response stream, kind of like this tool allows to do:
    http://www.html-to-pdf.net/Support.aspx#csharp

    Since the TotalHTMLConverter has already been bought by my employer, I
    need good reason to buy an additional tool. So I was wondering if
    somebody knows a workaround.

    The tool only accepts a path, so I need to use a path like "ramdisk:\
    \temp123.pdf", stream out the file and discard the ramdisk. I just
    don't know if this or a simliar approach is at all feasible in ASP.Net
    20.

    TIA for any idea!
    Regards
    DC