saving a text file from a web page & save us from PERL/PHP

Dave Rose

..unfortunately...our company is developing a web page from hand written
HTML & CSS and will deploy it using IIS with normal IIS cgi...HOW can i
retrofit anything ruby (or easy javascript) to produce from within a
'submit' button a timestamped named text file to be stored in some
directory practically and easily? this is not a rails questions but will
enable me to get ruby 'in the door' by writing an email app that i
already know how to write....We just need to jump this hurdle
practically and easily just this once...and RUBY can and will take it
from the text files....any help will save this from the invasion of
pearl or PHP script guys. our webmaster insisted on developing this page
by hand and not using ruby.