Saving a wave file using javascript

Hema

Hi all,
I have an application that converts the selected text from an HTML page
into wave format. I want to write a javascript that will save such a
file to the local hard disk. i found save as can be used with
document.execCommand. But this saves html or text files only.Can i save
my wave file thru javascript.Is it possible?

Any help wud be great!
Thanks and Regards,
Hema