Saving an audio file's waveform into an image

Julien

Hi,

I would like to pull out the waveform of an audio file and save it
into an image file, for example in GIF format. Is that achievable, and
if so, how?

I heard about the Snack module, but the project looks dead and un-
maintained.

Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Julien

Larry Hale

Hi,

I would like to pull out the waveform of an audio file and save it
into an image file, for example in GIF format. Is that achievable, and
if so, how?

I heard about the Snack module, but the project looks dead and un-
maintained.

Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Julien

Would you please provide more info on what you're wanting to
accomplish?

As for "Snack module", all I could find was http://www.wanware.com/tsgdocs/snack.html,
which seems "dead", although the Google cached version at
http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cach...+python+snack+module&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us
makes it sound rather UNlike what you're talking about. (Other ref's
for my Google search of http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=python+snack+module&btnG=Google+Search
seemed to show the same thing.)

The short answer is: Huh?/What?/Why? Why not put the picture + sound
==> video file. (Sure the image remains static, but there's the
Soundtrack with it! ;) )

Cheers,
-Larry Hale