saving an HTML document from JavaScript

Une Bévue

Firstevall i know javascript embeded in a browser is ar client side the
the policy is not to add something in the user disk.

However we are able to save an html usually then i wonder if the saving
of an html could be at least started by applescript and the html page
saved under the control of the user ???

yjay's because i've done a tiny js script able to select, in a given
page the content the user want to save, saying, you have a page coming
from a web dev site this the beautifull article yiu want to save but,
around that there a lot of advertisement you don't want to save. my
script select the area (under obviously the control of the user
mouseDown, mouseUp) and i want to let it saving the result with the most
help of js.

could that be done ???