Saving and display of records in asp page

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Jack, Mar 23, 2005.

  1. Jack

    Jack Guest

    Hi,
    I need to build a asp page where it would serve as a data entry record page
    as well as display page for records saved. This page should also allow
    editing of records that has been saved.

    e.g.

    SAVEBUTTON
    SS# EntryBox Name EntryBox Date EntryBox Revenue Generated EntryBox

    DISPLAY OR EDIT BUTTON

    ---------- ------------ -------------
    ------------------------
    ---------- ------------ -------------
    ------------------------
    ---------- ------------ -------------
    ------------------------

    The process of the first part of saving record is fine. However, the second
    part of displaying all the records that has been saved including the current
    record saved is where I am having problems.

    I would appreciate any help/concepts/articles for handling display of
    records as above. Hope I am clear to explain my problem. Regards.
    Jack, Mar 23, 2005

  2. Jack

    Jack Guest

    Thanks for the advise, Curt. I am trying to find reference to as how to loop
    through records to display records, line by line. Do you have any reference
    for this kind of manipulation? Thanks.

    Jack, Mar 23, 2005

  3. http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2467

    Bob Barrows

    Jack wrote:
    > Thanks for the advise, Curt. I am trying to find reference to as how
    > to loop through records to display records, line by line. Do you have
    > any reference for this kind of manipulation? Thanks.
    >
    > "Curt_C [MVP]" wrote:
    >
    >> Just save the data and then redirect back to the same page. If the
    >> page has code in it to show the records it will show the new ones as
    >> well.
    >>

    >> --
    >> Curt Christianson
    >> Site & Scripts: http://www.Darkfalz.com
    >> Blog: http://blog.Darkfalz.com
    >>

    >> "Jack" <> wrote in message
    >>> Hi,
    >>> I need to build a asp page where it would serve as a data entry
    >>> record page
    >>> as well as display page for records saved. This page should also
    >>> allow editing of records that has been saved.
    >>>
    >>> e.g.
    >>>
    >>> SAVEBUTTON
    >>> SS# EntryBox Name EntryBox Date EntryBox Revenue Generated
    >>> EntryBox
    >>>
    >>> DISPLAY OR EDIT BUTTON
    >>>
    >>> ---------- ------------ -------------
    >>> ------------------------
    >>> ---------- ------------ -------------
    >>> ------------------------
    >>> ---------- ------------ -------------
    >>> ------------------------
    >>>
    >>> The process of the first part of saving record is fine. However, the
    >>> second
    >>> part of displaying all the records that has been saved including the
    >>> current
    >>> record saved is where I am having problems.
    >>>
    >>> I would appreciate any help/concepts/articles for handling display
    >>> of records as above. Hope I am clear to explain my problem. Regards.

    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET
    Bob Barrows [MVP], Mar 23, 2005
  4. Jack

    Jack Guest

    I was not thinking clearly. I got it. Thanks.

    Jack, Mar 23, 2005