Saving emails

Discussion in 'Python' started by Fulvio, Jul 11, 2011.

  1. Fulvio

    Fulvio Guest

    Hello,

    my curiosity these day lay around the problem given by Kmail2.
    I'd like to keep my old emails and a backup would satisfy my needs. The only
    conditions should be that the mails will come back in a quick way.
    I found this page
    http://www.ducea.com/2006/11/25/cleanup-maildir-folders-archive-delete-old-
    mails/

    Which gives me some point, but the program is too old and I'd like to use
    Python 3. Another chance it would be to implement an IMAP server which move
    old emails in and out of an archive. Then it will be simple to recall old
    emails.

    Some docs about email deciphering. Kmail uses a maildir and several
    subfolders. I'd like to export the emails in mbox file and perhaps to
    separate by a period of time, say July2010, September2010 end so forth.

    Thanks in advance

    Fulvio, Jul 11, 2011