Saving files from post data via sys.stdin

ACB

I am rewriting an existing PERL script I wrote several months ago. It is a
script that is used as the action for a form containing several type="file"
inputs. The script is run unbuffered and writes the data from sys.stdin to
a file which is stat'ed by another script called asyncornously from
javascript. In the end I am able to make a progress bar for file uploads
via http.

Anyway, I have printed sys.stdin to a file and looked at it afterward. This
is what is looks like
-----------------------------126591649570

myUserid
-----------------------------126591649570

binary data of jpeg
-----------------------------126591649570

-----------------------------126591649570

-----------------------------126591649570

mySessionid

Normally, I use cgi.FieldStorage() and access the values via calls like
form = cgi.FieldStorage()
sessionid = form["sessionid"].value

What is the best method for accessing the various variables and their
respective values so I can save the files one at a time? Is there some
class that can take this input and make it easier to deal with? I need to
save each of the ulimage values as individual images and gain access to the
values of sessionid and userid.

Thanks
Amy

James Stroud

ACB said:
[...]

Maybe loop over form's keys...

form = cgi.FieldStorage()

for k in form.keys():
do_something_with(form, k)
Is there some
class that can take this input and make it easier to deal with?

A dictionary.

I need to
save each of the ulimage values as individual images and gain access to the
values of sessionid and userid.

Thanks
Amy

images = get_images_from_pickle_or_something()

form = cgi.FieldStorage()

if not images.has_key(form['ulimage']):
an_image = image_constructor(form['ulimage'])
images[form['ulimage']] = an_image
else:
an_image = images[form['ulimage']]

for k in form.keys():
do_something_with(an_image, form[k])

James

--
James Stroud
Box 951570

http://www.jamesstroud.com/

ACB

form = cgi.FieldStorage()

for k in form.keys():
do_something_with(form, k)

A dictionary.

I need to

James,

Thanks for the reply, however... the problem I am having is that I need to
use the data via sys.stdin and not the cgi.FormStorage object because cgi
only takes the data after it has all been received.

So, I need a good way to parse the data in sys.stdin unless their is some
built-in way to do it.

Thanks

ACB

ACB said:
[...]