Saving Prev Links and certain form info for reuse

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?U3R1?=, Feb 25, 2005.

  1. Hi,

    I want to be able to come up with some way
    of navigating around a system that allows me to save certain screen info
    (Say combo box setting) so that when returning to the screen from a link
    on another screen it remembers the screen settings as they were.

    Using javascript can obviously be messy as I found
    Session variables could be overkill since different screens have potentially
    different
    screen saving requirements although there is some comonallity

    Also saving the link u came from this might also not be from a menu but a
    link on a page and could be a server side or javascript link

    Also I have read u should keep session variables to a minimum although some
    sort of class object holding screen state in a session might be a good way to
    do it

    Any Ideas

    TIA

    Stu