saving unicode in oracle using asp

Sudha

I have an asp application in asp that should support languages like japanese,
french, chinese, malay and english. I am using the characterset as iso-8859-1
in the html meta tag. Most of the characters are getting stored in the
unicode format. But there are few characters in french, japanese and chinese
that are not getting stored properly. They are stored as inverted question
marks in oracle as well as retrieved in the same format. The database
characterset is utf-8. The column definition is long as it has to support
2000 characters. I am using VB for business logic. can some one help on this
regard?

Thanks
Sudha.