Saving URLs to HDD

Øyvind Granberg

Hi...

I know this may not be the right NG, but please point me in the right
direction if I'm too off.

I have these hundreds of webpages I have made myself, containing more than
10 000 links to various places on the net.
What I want to do, is to save these links to my HDD.

In IE7 I can drag one and one from the browser and into the proper folder
and it is saved as a shortcut.
So far so good.
Now I use FF3 to do it, because there I don't have to answer yes every darn
time....

But what I would like do do is to select a batch of links and save them as
individual shortcuts on my HDD.
I have tried different addons in FF3, but they all save then into a
txt-file, and that seems not to be the right solution for me. The FF3 addon
Linky have a bug, and do not respond when I try to save selected links.

Is there a browser which can do this for me?
Is there some browsers addon which can do this for me?
Is there a program which can do this for me?
Or do I have to go through all the pages and drag the links one by one onto
the harddisk?
Can this be done in Dreamweaver?

This request is also published in microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general
but no reply yet

--

Zadig Galbaras
(nick)

Chaddy2222

[...]

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&q=Link+shortcut+extension+for+Firefox&meta=
Take a look at the fist result.

Nico Schuyt

Øyvind Granberg said:
I know this may not be the right NG, but please point me in the right
direction if I'm too off.

I have these hundreds of webpages I have made myself, containing more
than 10 000 links to various places on the net.
What I want to do, is to save these links to my HDD.

I'm not sure what you mean, but to get a report of all the links in a
website you can use Xenu http://home.snafu.de/tilman/xenulink.html

Øyvind Granberg

Couldn't find what I was looking for.
The addon Create Shortcut only creates a shortcut to the current page.
I don''t need an addon to do that... hehe

--

Zadig Galbaras
(nick)

"Chaddy2222" <[email protected]> skrev i
nyhetsmeldingen:
(e-mail address removed) ...

Øyvind Granberg

There seems to be some misunderstandig about what I am looking for.

Here it is again:
Is there a way to select a list of links in a webpage and save them as
individual shortcuts on my harddisk?

--

Zadig Galbaras
(nick)

Chris F.A. Johnson

Is there a way to select a list of links in a webpage and save them as
individual shortcuts on my harddisk?

You can get a list of the links in a web page with "lynx -dump".
For example:

lynx -dump http://woodbine-gerrard.com |
sed '
1,/^References/d
/http:/!d
'

How you use that to put a shortcut on your desktop depends on what
system you are using.