    3) I can use the sql server provided by the web host
    4) Since it is user data it might have sensitive data

    Thanks

    RA, Feb 27, 2004

  2. I would go for SQL based data, either as:
    - custom tables referenced by a custom session ID, which you could pass
    between pages as request argument
    - SQL-based Session object

    Anyway, you'll find a better discussion of this issues in the "Managing
    State in Web Applicactions" chapter of the "Design and Implementation
    Guidelines for Web Clients" reference guide.
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnpag/html/diforwc-ch05.asp

    That's "free but very valuable" material provided by Microsoft's
    "Prescriptive Arquitecture Guidance" group (PAG), lots of stuff available in
    their site www.microsoft.com/practices

    Regards
    Jose

    "RA" <> escribió en el mensaje
    > Hi
    >
    > I use ASP.net with c#. The web application is hosted by a web host

    provider.
    > The application gets user information for order processing. The

    information
    > should be moved from one aspx page to the other until the user choose to
    > submit the order. The order process has about 4 aspx pages. What will be

    the
    > best way to keep the user data between the pages considering the

    following:

    Jose Marcenaro, Feb 27, 2004

  3. Hello mate

    I would hold the details in the SiteIdentity. Extend this and add all you own bits (email, acct, etc), then you can refer to it anywhere

    Jon

    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9u?=, Feb 27, 2004