Saving web pages

John Dean

Blinky told me to do this ...

Any idea why I can save some web pages and not others? Using XP Home /
IE6 I prefer to save as "Web Archive, Single file (*.mht) but would
settle for "Web Page, complete (*.htm, *.html)
Most pages work with that but some return error message

"The web page could not be saved to the selected location"

The location for the attempted save is always the same - a "Web Pages"
folder on my desktop into which all web pages are initially saved.

An example is

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0245429/goofs

This won't save as "single file" or as "complete". It will save as
"web page, HTML only (*.htm, *.html)" but in that case doesn't save the
containing a mini 404 error message "The page you are looking for is
currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical
difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings."

Any ideas why some pages work as single files and some don't?
(Obviously, all save as text so I'm not complaining about not getting
stuff, just wondering why I can't get it as I would like it)

Blinky the Shark

John said:
Blinky told me to do this ...

In the group where this was first asked, I guessed that it might be
iframe related. But being a mere sprat on such a topic, I promised
John far better ideas from the wizards here. :)

Blinky said:
In the group where this was first asked, I guessed that it might be
iframe related. But being a mere sprat on such a topic, I promised
John far better ideas from the wizards here. :)
OK, Blinks, there a Plan B?

Blinky the Shark

John said:
Blinky the Shark wrote:
OK, Blinks, there a Plan B?

Unfortunately, I don't have one, John. Sorry about that. I never
thought you'd get no help here.

But we might have that mouse workin', soon, over on the other group, eh?
;)

kchayka

John said:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0245429/goofs

It will save as
"web page, HTML only (*.htm, *.html)" but in that case doesn't save the

The "Sponsored Links" box is in an iframe, so it *should* be excluded.

The iframe could be a reason why IE won't save the page in other ways,
but I don't really know. FWIW, Firefox saves it as "complete", including
the iframe.