Saving work on Back button

tshad

Is there an event that gets fired when the Browsers Back Button is pressed?

I want to save the clients entry if they should hit the back button by
accident.

Thanks,

Tom

Curt_C [MVP]

tshad said:
Is there an event that gets fired when the Browsers Back Button is pressed?

I want to save the clients entry if they should hit the back button by
accident.

Thanks,

Tom

You'll probably have to do some event when they lose focus on the
individual controls, causing a postback... ick..

I think you are trying to be to smart though.. users know if they use
the BACK they lose the page they are on... and usually its intentional.

Give them a nice BACK button of your own, where you can call the SAVE if
needed.

tshad

Curt_C said:
You'll probably have to do some event when they lose focus on the
individual controls, causing a postback... ick..

I think you are trying to be to smart though.. users know if they use the
BACK they lose the page they are on... and usually its intentional.

Give them a nice BACK button of your own, where you can call the SAVE if
needed.

I am thinking about if they hit a shift-Backspace by accident and have been
entering a lot of information. It is irritating to then have to go back and
reenter the information again.

Thanks,

Tom

Curt_C [MVP]

I am thinking about if they hit a shift-Backspace by accident and have been
entering a lot of information. It is irritating to then have to go back and
reenter the information again.

At that point I would think they would know its their own fault.. Trying
to adjust for every possible stupid move will only drive you crazy...