    accident.

    Thanks,

    Tom
    tshad, Aug 4, 2005

  2. tshad

    Curt_C [MVP] Guest

    tshad wrote:
    > Is there an event that gets fired when the Browsers Back Button is pressed?
    >
    > I want to save the clients entry if they should hit the back button by
    > accident.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Tom

    You'll probably have to do some event when they lose focus on the
    individual controls, causing a postback... ick..

    I think you are trying to be to smart though.. users know if they use
    the BACK they lose the page they are on... and usually its intentional.

    Give them a nice BACK button of your own, where you can call the SAVE if
    needed.

    --
    Curt Christianson
    site: http://www.darkfalz.com
    Curt_C [MVP], Aug 4, 2005

  3. tshad

    tshad Guest

    "Curt_C [MVP]" <software_at_darkfalz.com> wrote in message
    > tshad wrote:
    >> Is there an event that gets fired when the Browsers Back Button is
    >> pressed?
    >>
    >> I want to save the clients entry if they should hit the back button by
    >> accident.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> Tom

    > You'll probably have to do some event when they lose focus on the
    > individual controls, causing a postback... ick..
    >
    > I think you are trying to be to smart though.. users know if they use the
    > BACK they lose the page they are on... and usually its intentional.
    >
    > Give them a nice BACK button of your own, where you can call the SAVE if
    > needed.

    I am thinking about if they hit a shift-Backspace by accident and have been
    entering a lot of information. It is irritating to then have to go back and
    reenter the information again.

    Thanks,

    Tom

    tshad, Aug 5, 2005
  4. tshad

    Curt_C [MVP] Guest

    > I am thinking about if they hit a shift-Backspace by accident and have been
    > entering a lot of information. It is irritating to then have to go back and
    > reenter the information again.

    At that point I would think they would know its their own fault.. Trying
    to adjust for every possible stupid move will only drive you crazy...

    --
    Curt Christianson
    site: http://www.darkfalz.com
    Curt_C [MVP], Aug 5, 2005