saving xml between postbacks

Dave Lech

Hi all,

On our site we get data from our middle tier mostly as XmlElements. To save
the xml between postback I have been putting them in hidden input fields but
I have to set the ValidateRequest attribute to false otherwise I get that
nasty looking error page. I know this is a security hole so I would like to
do this some other way. Can anyone give me some good ideas for this.

Thanx in advance,
Dave

Daniel Walzenbach

Dave,

if you need to persist your data in the page itself you could "htmlencode"
it to avoid getting the error. Another possibility would be to store it in
the session of you could also store it using the cache api. Probab. togehter
with a guid representing your user to make the cache entry specific to this
uses as the scope of the cache is the whole application.

HTHs

Daniel Walzenbach