    an URL ? Permissions on the server to write the file back are not an
    issue.

    Thanks

    woostersoz, Jun 27, 2006

  2. woostersoz wrote:
    > Does any one know how I can write an XML file to a remote server using
    > an URL ? Permissions on the server to write the file back are not an
    > issue.

    This isn't a permissions issue, but a protocol issue. You have to
    construct a request message of some sort which asks that the server
    perform the write for you, and your server has to accept that message
    and do the write -- I mean, right :) -- thing in response. Note that
    this exchange has to be explicitly handled on the server end, and must
    explicitly implement whatever security you consider necessary.

    The form of that request depends on what your server can be persuaded to
    accept and handle. HTTP forms, SOAP messages, something else entirely...

    Joe Kesselman, Jun 27, 2006