Saving XML file to an URL

woostersoz

Hi

I have a toolbar written in .NET C++. I use the XMLDocument Load method
to open a file from a URL (which points to a remote server). So far, so
good.. I then edit this file's nodes in memory and then I want to save
it back to the same location (URL) from which I opened it.

When I try to do this using the XMLDocument Save method, I get an error
message "URI formats are not supported".

Does any one know how I can write an XML file to a remote server using
an URL ? Permissions on the server to write the file back are not an
issue.

Thanks

Joe Kesselman

woostersoz said:
Does any one know how I can write an XML file to a remote server using
an URL ? Permissions on the server to write the file back are not an
issue.

This isn't a permissions issue, but a protocol issue. You have to
construct a request message of some sort which asks that the server
perform the write for you, and your server has to accept that message
and do the write -- I mean, right :) -- thing in response. Note that
this exchange has to be explicitly handled on the server end, and must
explicitly implement whatever security you consider necessary.

The form of that request depends on what your server can be persuaded to
accept and handle. HTTP forms, SOAP messages, something else entirely...