    error message, that validating failed.

    Does anybody succeeded by using the -v option?

    Peter

    Peter Gerstbach, Aug 12, 2004

  2. You didn't say which version of saxon 8 you have (the free saxon 8-B
    version is not schema-aware) However in either version you can do as you
    do in xslt1 and add
    <xsl:strip-space elements="*"/>
    to your stylesheet to remove the unwanted text nodes.

    David

    David Carlisle, Aug 12, 2004

  3. David Carlisle wrote:
    > You didn't say which version of saxon 8 you have (the free saxon 8-B
    > version is not schema-aware) However in either version you can do as you
    > do in xslt1 and add
    > <xsl:strip-space elements="*"/>
    > to your stylesheet to remove the unwanted text nodes.

    Yes, I use the free one. I didn't know, it is not schema-aware.
    The thing with strip-space works. I've never heared of this element
    before... thanks!

    I have one more question: do you know of a bug, which causes to strip
    off the first 2 characters in the result file?
    When I send the output to the terminal it works fine.

    Peter

    Peter Gerstbach, Aug 12, 2004
  4. Peter Gerstbach <peter@_REMOVE_THIS_gerstbach.at> wrote in message news:<411ba196$0$12126$>...
    [...]
    > I have one more question: do you know of a bug, which causes to strip
    > off the first 2 characters in the result file?
    > When I send the output to the terminal it works fine.

    I use Saxon 8.0-B (good choice) and have encountered no such bug, nor
    does anything like that seem to be listed on the bug list at
    saxon.sf.net.
    --
    Robin Johnson
    Lead Developer, enCircle Solutions Ltd.