saxon document() location

Discussion in 'XML' started by Johannes Busse, Jun 30, 2003.

  1. hello NG,

    (1) I have a data-structure like the following:

    <element name="abc">
    <source href="http://some.where.there/file/name.xhtml#location" />
    </element> ...
    <element> ...

    (2) under some.where.there i have the file /file/name.xhtml, which has
    a division like

    ... some xhtml-content ...

    I want to include only this division of this file.
    My solution would be to write an XSLT-stylesheet,
    which collects all
    locations in all external files, like

    <xsl:template match="element">
    <xsl:variable name="externalFile" select="XXXX" />
    <xsl:variable name="externalLocation" select="YYYY" />
    <xsl:copy-of
    select="document($externalFile,.)//*[@name="$externalLocation"]
    </xsl:template>

    my question: how do I have to compute the XXXX and YYYY with saxon? I
    guess there should be some functions like "give the file part" or
    "give the location part"?

    (or is there a more straight forward solution?)

    thank you!

    herzliche Grüße
    Johannes Busse
    Johannes Busse, Jun 30, 2003