Scale text according to window/screen size.

UJ

My client wants to have some text scale appropriately depending on the
resolution of the screen. This is very much like the way that flash works in
that as the area being displayed gets bigger, the font gets bigger,
smaller - it gets smaller. Trying to write flash is turning out to have some
problems and it sorta works (I found a library by ComponentOne which does
most of the stuff but not everything.)

One thing to make it a bit easier is that this app runs 99.9% of the time
full screen so I could make the stuff dependent on screen resolution through
JavaScript but I'm looking for a better way of doing it.

Can anybody give suggestions on how to do this without flash? I'm really at
a loss.

TIA - Jeffrey.

Lucas Tam

My client wants to have some text scale appropriately depending on the
resolution of the screen. This is very much like the way that flash
works in that as the area being displayed gets bigger, the font gets
bigger, smaller - it gets smaller. Trying to write flash is turning
out to have some problems and it sorta works (I found a library by
ComponentOne which does most of the stuff but not everything.)

One thing to make it a bit easier is that this app runs 99.9% of the
time full screen so I could make the stuff dependent on screen
resolution through JavaScript but I'm looking for a better way of
doing it.

Can anybody give suggestions on how to do this without flash? I'm
really at a loss.

Use % for your table sizes... and use relative CSS font sizes.

Bruce Barker

you can use clientscript (not too hard, depending on the effect desired),
but the easiest is an image of the text. just scale (set width and height)
the image to the screen size.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

UJ

When you say an image of the text what do you mean? This is text that needs
to change frequently by the user so it needs to be something that we can
automate.