Scaleable Swing components

Jens Piegsa

Hello!

The following problem troubles me already for hours:

I would like to use scaleable TextPanes in my graphical editor adapting
the global scaling.
MyTextPane inherites from JTextPane and overrides the paintComponent method.

Graphics2D g2d = (Graphics2D) g.create();
AffineTransform at = new AffineTransform();
g2d.setRenderingHint(RenderingHints.
KEY_ANTIALIASING,
RenderingHints.VALUE_ANTIALIAS_ON);
at.scale(getTransform().getScaleX(),
getTransform().getScaleY());
g2d.transform(at);
super.paintComponent(g2d);
g2d.dispose();
}

I had to remove the scaling from the Display class. so far so good :-}
The following behavior disturbs me a little:

* the cursor doesn't flash
* the cursor position isn't accurate any longer (e.g. iiiii | )
* selected text is shown at a shifted position
* the component is larger than the drawn area
(noticeable with the background; a vertacally centered text field
disappears completely)
* size/position of text and node should be updated with panning and
zooming or growing of the input

who can make me lucky?

Jens