    Can anyone point me out some links/help?

    Thanks!
    , Apr 29, 2004

  2. Andrew Thompson, Apr 29, 2004

  3. Roedy Green Guest

    On 29 Apr 2004 09:36:52 -0700,
    () wrote or quoted :

    >Hi, I'm looking for a simple way to scale a png image, not
    >with existing APIs, but I need the concept (or better, a sample
    >source code)
    >Can anyone point me out some links/help?

    Just use drawImage with a scale onto a JPanel

    If you don't want to display the result, try drawImage onto another
    Image. I have not done this, but I've read about it, sort of like
    having sex while hanging from a trapeeze.

    see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jpegencoder.html
    for links to the techniques for converting gif jpg and png back to
    files.

    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
    Roedy Green, Apr 29, 2004
  4. wrote:
    > Hi, I'm looking for a simple way to scale a png image, not
    > with existing APIs, but I need the concept (or better, a sample
    > source code)
    > Can anyone point me out some links/help?

    Get the faq for comp.graphics.algorithms. Check chapter 3 and also the
    book section. A textbook like Foley, van Dam, Feiner, Hughes: "Computer
    Graphics: Principles and Practice" should contain an introduction about
    the common algorithms. The Graphic Gems series should also have a bunch
    of example algorithms.

    /Thomas
    Thomas Weidenfeller, Apr 30, 2004