Scanning and serving via Bluecove

Discussion in 'Java' started by sezgin.carman@gmx.de, Apr 30, 2006.

    I am using Bluecove for scanning for bluetooth devices:

    locDevice = LocalDevice.getLocalDevice();
    agent = locDevice.getDiscoveryAgent();
    agent.startInquiry( DiscoveryAgent.GIAC, new Listener() );

    That works.
    I am also serving a SPP connection on the same computer:

    StreamConnectionNotifier server = (StreamConnectionNotifier) Connector
    .open("btspp://localhost:"
    + uuid
    + ";name="
    + name
    + ";authorize=false;authenticate=false;encrypt=false");
    server.acceptAndOpen()

    Works also fine.
    My problem is: While I am scanning, I cannot establish connections to
    my server. There is no problem, if I first connect. Then it is possible
    to exchange data with the server and disconnect while scanning.
    Where is the problem?
    Am I doing something wrong?
    Does Bluecove not support this?
    Does Microsoft Bluetooth Stack not support this?
    Does Bluetooth not support this?
    , Apr 30, 2006