schedule to start web server automatically

Zeng

Hello,

I would like to make sure my web server gets hit periodically every 1 hours
or so in case aspnet_wp.exe process gets recycled because memory consumption
exceeds the setting limit - it would get relaunched and my code (static)
gets to run again.

I can put this in a batch file and have it scheduled to run:
"C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE"
http://MySite/website/index.aspx

The problem with that approach is that it doesn't return and a new IE window
will be launched and stay up forever until somebody has to manually shuts it
down.

Do you know any other way? Thanks!

Lucas Tam

I can put this in a batch file and have it scheduled to run:
"C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE"
http://MySite/website/index.aspx

The problem with that approach is that it doesn't return and a new IE
window will be launched and stay up forever until somebody has to
manually shuts it down.

Do you know any other way? Thanks!

Use the WebClient class, or Sockets Class, or HTTP classes..

Using IE to ping a server is kludgy.