    If I was doing this in Windows using .Net I'd write a Windows Service.
    What are the options in J2EE?

    Any help appreciated. Thanks.

    Ian Walsh, Sep 11, 2004

  2. I'm not sure what a Regatta box is, but if it runs a Unix derivative,
    you can create a cron job that makes a call to your Websphere app
    server (EJB, webservices, etc) nightly.

    Or, you could create a startup class that creates a thread that wakes
    up every night.

    Personally, I'd go for the cron job.

    //Nathan

    Nathan Zumwalt, Sep 11, 2004

  3. Ian Walsh

    Ian Walsh Guest

    Thanks Nathan.

    Are there any alternatives? I know Websphere Server has some sort of
    schedule API. Has anyone used this?

    Ian Walsh, Sep 13, 2004
  4. Ian Walsh

    Wei Jiang Guest