scheduler

yamca

I want to write a task scheduler. But i cant make the logic between
the scheduler and tasks.
For example a have an external process which can add and delete tasks
from scheduler.
Every task has an id and number(Task1,Task2...). It will delete tasks
by looking at their IDs.
Scheduler complete the tasks and sets a flag=0, then ext process
starts again.
How can i store id,number,add/delete function and pass them t the
scheduler?

Victor Bazarov

yamca said:
I want to write a task scheduler. But i cant make the logic between
the scheduler and tasks.
For example a have an external process which can add and delete tasks
from scheduler.
Every task has an id and number(Task1,Task2...). It will delete tasks
by looking at their IDs.
Scheduler complete the tasks and sets a flag=0, then ext process
starts again.
How can i store id,number,add/delete function and pass them t the
scheduler?

Methinks you're in a wrong newsgroup. If you haven't figured out the
design yet (the interface) (and it seems like you haven't, otherwise
you'd probably have posted it in some kind of pseudo-code), then you
need help from comp.object. If you have figured out the design, then
please post it, in some non-working C++ notation, for example, and
only then ask your C++ language question. Otherwise it looks pretty
much like you don't have a C++ language question.

Jerry Coffin

I want to write a task scheduler. But i cant make the logic between
the scheduler and tasks.
For example a have an external process which can add and delete tasks
from scheduler.
Every task has an id and number(Task1,Task2...). It will delete tasks
by looking at their IDs.
Scheduler complete the tasks and sets a flag=0, then ext process
starts again.
How can i store id,number,add/delete function and pass them t the
scheduler?

It looks like everything you're asking about right now is related to
inter-process communication, which isn't standardized in C++. A
newsgroup devoted to your target OS will probably be helpful in this
regard.