scheduler

Alex Wagner

I need to run/create reports a couple times a day via an aspx page. Does
anybody know of a code sample that would allow me to call an aspx page via
windows task scheduler?

thnx

Dan Brussee

Ive had good luck just setting the IE program name and URL as a
parameter as in Task Scheduler

C:\PROGRA~1\INTERN~1\IEXPLORE.EXE "www.domain.com/whatever.aspx"

This will leave the web browser open. Under settings, set a checkbox
to stop the task if it runs over X minutes. Mine is set to 5. I leave
the system that runs tasks up and running under a user account, so Im
not sure how / if this would work in a more strict "server"
environment.

There are also several web sites that allow you to run daily, monthly,
whatever web URLs. Most are reasonable cost. One or two are also free.