    I am seeking information on how to write this myself. Otherwise if I should
    buy a component which one should I get? This would be the only custom
    component my system would need. THANKS!!!!

    SuzyQ, May 30, 2007

  2. SuzyQ

    Phil H Guest

    On 30 May, 20:48, "SuzyQ" <> wrote:
    > I need to write a page that allows users to schedule conference rooms. This
    > page will have multiple conference rooms across the top of the page.
    >
    > I am seeking information on how to write this myself. Otherwise if I should
    > buy a component which one should I get? This would be the only custom
    > component my system would need. THANKS!!!!

    Hi Suzy

    As it happens I wrote a very similar appication last year, except that
    the rooms were computer suites rather than conference rooms.

    Not simple I'm afraid and there's more to it than a custom component.
    For example, if someone books a room and either makes a mistake or
    wishes to cancel then, to allow this, users need exclusive editorial
    control of bookings they have made, otherwise someone else could come
    along and overwrite or unbook it.

    The problem is not so much designing and coding the page etc, it has
    more to do with the complexity of the underlying data.

    Phil H

    Phil H, May 30, 2007

  3. There are some decent third-party scheduling components out there that also
    include data backends.

    www.infragistics.com hsa a great one that also includes the data backend.

    www.componentone.com has another great scheduling component though I can't
    remember if it comes with it's own data provider and data backend or you
    have to wire up the data functionality yourself.

    --
    Hope this helps,
    Mark Fitzpatrick

    Mark Fitzpatrick, May 31, 2007
  4. SuzyQ

    David Guest

    I wrote one a few years ago in classic asp. This worked from the meeting
    requests in exchange. Basically, each room had an outlook mailbox and the
    room was invited to the meeting.

    You can connect and read exchange, but it was a long time ago since I did it
    and can't remember how I did it.
    --
    Best regards,
    Dave Colliver.