Scheduling Component Recommendation Wanted

SuzyQ

I need to write a page that allows users to schedule conference rooms. This
page will have multiple conference rooms across the top of the page.

I am seeking information on how to write this myself. Otherwise if I should
buy a component which one should I get? This would be the only custom
component my system would need. THANKS!!!!

Phil H

I need to write a page that allows users to schedule conference rooms. This
page will have multiple conference rooms across the top of the page.

I am seeking information on how to write this myself. Otherwise if I should
buy a component which one should I get? This would be the only custom
component my system would need. THANKS!!!!

Hi Suzy

As it happens I wrote a very similar appication last year, except that
the rooms were computer suites rather than conference rooms.

Not simple I'm afraid and there's more to it than a custom component.
For example, if someone books a room and either makes a mistake or
wishes to cancel then, to allow this, users need exclusive editorial
control of bookings they have made, otherwise someone else could come
along and overwrite or unbook it.

The problem is not so much designing and coding the page etc, it has
more to do with the complexity of the underlying data.

Phil H

Mark Fitzpatrick

There are some decent third-party scheduling components out there that also
include data backends.

www.infragistics.com hsa a great one that also includes the data backend.

www.componentone.com has another great scheduling component though I can't
remember if it comes with it's own data provider and data backend or you
have to wire up the data functionality yourself.

David

I wrote one a few years ago in classic asp. This worked from the meeting
requests in exchange. Basically, each room had an outlook mailbox and the
room was invited to the meeting.

You can connect and read exchange, but it was a long time ago since I did it
and can't remember how I did it.
--
Best regards,
Dave Colliver.