schema for different complex elements based on attribute value

Discussion in 'XML' started by user@domain.invalid, Jul 20, 2004.

    I have the following xml

    <rootElem>
    <child type="Single">
    <!-- if type is "single", then we can have only 1 of the
    following element with default for directory as "1"
    -->
    <childOfChild>
    <!-- More elements here -->
    </childOfChild>
    </child>
    <child type="Multiple">
    <!-- if type is "Multiple", then we can have more that one
    of the following element. The contents of this element
    is same as that of in the "Single" case
    -->
    <childOfChild>
    <!-- More elements here -->
    </childOfChild>
    </child>
    </rootElem>

    How do i write a schema for this multiple child "type" condition, if at
    all it is possible ?

    Thanks
    Am

    , Jul 20, 2004