    The question is; is it best to use a namespace for the library schemas
    or to create them with no namespace so that they can adopt the namespace
    of the schemas they are included in later?

    The Magpie, Jun 6, 2007

  2. The Magpie wrote:
    > The question is; is it best to use a namespace for the library schemas
    > or to create them with no namespace so that they can adopt the namespace
    > of the schemas they are included in later?

    Some interesting discussion of that topic, and the tradeoffs among
    various ways of modularizing schema designs, appeared in the page
    http://www.xfront.com/GlobalVersusLocal.html

    I suspect there are other opinions elsewhere on the web, if you search
    for "xml schema best practice" or "xml schema modular design" or similar
    phrases. And I'd bet there's an article or two on
    http://www.ibm.com/xml, just because the've gotten contributions on just
    about every possible topic. (Not all of which I agree with, please note.)

    Joe Kesselman, Jun 7, 2007

  3. I would recommend staying away from chamelion includes and using a namespace
    for your library.

    --
    Stan Kitsis
    Program Manager, XML Technologies

    Stan Kitsis [MSFT], Jun 7, 2007
  4. The Magpie

    The Magpie Guest

    Stan Kitsis [MSFT] wrote:
    > I would recommend staying away from chamelion includes and using a namespace
    > for your library.

    I love that term "chameleon includes"....

    The Magpie, Jun 9, 2007