    I provide the document with the meaning of the tags? CCS, I don't know how
    to start there. Xpath. I've heard of.

    Bill

    Bill Cunningham, Jan 22, 2004

  2. Bill Cunningham wrote:
    > I know xml stores and transmits data. But I wrote a short piece of code
    > that the browser complained about.
    >
    > <?xml version="1.0"?>
    >
    > <gov>judicial</gov>
    > <j> sandra o'conner </j>

    It's not well-formed. YOu must have exactly one root element.
    --
    Johannes Koch
    (Te Deum, 4th cent.)
    Johannes Koch, Jan 22, 2004

  3. In article <400f4f46$>,
    Bill Cunningham <> wrote:

    % <?xml version="1.0"?>
    %
    % <gov>judicial</gov>
    % <j> sandra o'conner </j>

    % It didn't know what the tags meant. the xml syntax looks good to me.

    It's not good.

    % How do
    % I provide the document with the meaning of the tags? CCS, I don't know how
    % to start there. Xpath. I've heard of.

    Once you sort out the format of the data, you need to write a style
    sheet if you want it to be displayed reasonably. If the data is
    suitable, you could use CSS for this, otherwise you need to use XSLT
    to convert the data into either html or some other XML format which
    is suitable for formatting using CSS.

    You get started by finding a tutorial somewhere and reading it.
    --

    Patrick TJ McPhee
    East York Canada
    Patrick TJ McPhee, Jan 22, 2004