Schily ueber Deutschland

Paul Rubin

Bernd Nawothnig said:
On 2005-05-15, (e-mail address removed) [allegedly] wrote: ...

I don't think that post was really from MAL. It seems to be a sporgery
attack on the newsgroup. Sigh.

Kay Schluehr

On 2005-05-15, (e-mail address removed) [allegedly] wrote: ...

I don't think that post was really from MAL. It seems to be a sporgery
attack on the newsgroup. Sigh.

The spam mails stem from a Sober variant, which sends Nazi propaganda
around.

Kay

?

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Fran=E7ois?= Pinard

[Paul Rubin]
I don't think that post was really from MAL. It seems to be a
sporgery attack on the newsgroup. Sigh.

For the last two days, I receive quite an amount of robotic rejects,
after my name was used as the forged From: for an apparently massive
spam invoice written in German. At the same time, I noticed an increase
of German-written spam filtering through a few lists I'm subscribed to,
and the Python list among others.

Such forged From appears all the time as far as I am concerned, and had
for years now. But something significant happened this weekend.

Bernd Nawothnig

For the last two days, I receive quite an amount of robotic rejects,
after my name was used as the forged From:

Same with me after my follow-up.

[...]
Such forged From appears all the time as far as I am concerned, and
had for years now. But something significant happened this weekend.

Looks like another windows worm. Now they seem to come with a more
sofisticated 'payload'. I am sure that will increase in the future.
It is just the beginning ...

Bernd

Skip Montanaro

Bernd> Looks like another windows worm. Now they seem to come with a
Bernd> more sofisticated 'payload'. I am sure that will increase in the
Bernd> future. It is just the beginning ...

Indeed. This turns out to be the Sober.Q worm. Sober.P infected gazillions
of machines with its "free world cup tickets" scam, but didn't directly do
anything. Apparently Friday it started upgrading itself to Sober.Q which
sent out the massive spread of right-wing racist spam. Mail.python.org was
receiving about 15 spams per minute for an extended period of time - at
least 12 hours, probably much longer - on Saturday.

Skip