    Your support will very much helpful Thanks in advance.

    Regards,
    Benny
    Benny, Mar 9, 2005

  2. Yes, there's an extended stored proc called (IIRC) xp_cmdshell which can
    call external code, though there are ome caveats on its use which you should
    be able to find in the SQL documentation

    there's also a way of instantiating COM objects from SQL with another XSP,
    the name of which has totally escaped me - I'll look it up shortly.

    --
    Jason Brown
    Microsoft GTSC, IIS

    Jason Brown [MSFT], Mar 9, 2005

  3. sp_OACreate, etc. I give examples of using them to create a CDO.Message
    object in http://www.aspfaq.com/2403

    Not exactly the best use of resources, FWIW. Some insiders (e.g. Euan) have
    alluded to some serious memory issues with some of these tools. Besides,
    sp_OA* are for instantiating regular old COM objects, not .NET. I think the
    OP will have to go the route of xp_cmdshell and all the security
    implications that come with it.

    Aaron [SQL Server MVP], Mar 9, 2005
  4. Thanks Aaron

    --
    Jason Brown
    Microsoft GTSC, IIS

    Jason Brown [MSFT], Mar 9, 2005
  5. > Is there a way I can call VB.net code from a stored procedure? I need to
    > schedule a sql job (stored procedure) and in the logic of the stored
    > procedure, I need to call vb.net code to generate a pdf document.

    Have you considered going the other way? Have the stored procedure log an
    entry into a queue table. Have a windows scheduled task wake up every
    minute, fire up a VB.Net app, it checks the database and if there's anything
    in the queue, it creates the PDF document(s).

    Aaron [SQL Server MVP], Mar 9, 2005