[SCIRUBY] how to tell mozart from the meat puppets

Ara.T.Howard

this week starts what will be a series of interviews with some of the many
scientists who use ruby to do their work. the first interview is with rudi
cilibrasi, creator of the complearn computer learning toolkit. read all about
it here

http://sciruby.codeforpeople.com/sr.cgi/SciRubyInterviews/RudiCilibrasi

note: http://complearn.org/, which is linked to from the interview seems to
experiencing some trouble - i assume it will be back up soon so please check
back.

enjoy.

-a
| phone :: 303.497.6469
| My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness.
| --Tenzin Gyatso

gabriele renzi

Ara.T.Howard ha scritto:
(snip)
great stuff,ara thanks.
fwiw, can I suggest that interviews like this appear on rubygarden?
IMHO It would be nice if it become the main reference for "indipendent"
contents from the whole community

Ara.T.Howard

Ara.T.Howard ha scritto:
(snip)
great stuff,ara thanks.

glad you enjoyed it.
fwiw, can I suggest that interviews like this appear on rubygarden?

you mean instead of sciruby?
IMHO It would be nice if it become the main reference for "indipendent"
contents from the whole community

which?

-a
| phone :: 303.497.6469
| My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness.
| --Tenzin Gyatso

gabriele renzi

(e-mail address removed) ha scritto:
glad you enjoyed it.

you mean instead of sciruby?

yes, but please consider this as just a suggestion.
What I mean is that I think of this kind of content more appropriate for
rubygarden, since it is not the kind of dynamic content/information
store that I envision when I think of a wiki. But obviously this are
just my two cents

well, there are a lot of people writing nice pieces on their blogs,
podcasts, interviews, mini tutorials and so on, but those are shuffled
all around the internet, it would be nice if people could think "I'm
gonna write .. and I'm gonna put it on rubygarden like everyone else".

pat eyler

well, there are a lot of people writing nice pieces on their blogs,
podcasts, interviews, mini tutorials and so on, but those are shuffled
all around the internet, it would be nice if people could think "I'm
gonna write .. and I'm gonna put it on rubygarden like everyone else".
=20

It would be nice to allow posts at rubygarden to be cross posted to=20
the author's blog a'la 43 things via some kind of gateway.

--=20
thanks,
-pate

James Britt

gabriele said:
..

well, there are a lot of people writing nice pieces on their blogs,
podcasts, interviews, mini tutorials and so on, but those are shuffled
all around the internet, it would be nice if people could think "I'm
gonna write .. and I'm gonna put it on rubygarden like everyone else".

Centralization is overrated.

Tag 'em on del.icio.us.

One can get an RSS feed of Ruby-related items to see what's new.

James