[SCIRUBY] how to tell mozart from the meat puppets

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Ara.T.Howard, Jul 20, 2005.

  1. Ara.T.Howard

    Ara.T.Howard Guest

    this week starts what will be a series of interviews with some of the many
    scientists who use ruby to do their work. the first interview is with rudi
    cilibrasi, creator of the complearn computer learning toolkit. read all about
    it here

    http://sciruby.codeforpeople.com/sr.cgi/SciRubyInterviews/RudiCilibrasi

    note: http://complearn.org/, which is linked to from the interview seems to
    experiencing some trouble - i assume it will be back up soon so please check
    back.

    enjoy.

    -a

    Ara.T.Howard, Jul 20, 2005

  2. Ara.T.Howard ha scritto:
    (snip)
    great stuff,ara thanks.
    fwiw, can I suggest that interviews like this appear on rubygarden?
    IMHO It would be nice if it become the main reference for "indipendent"
    contents from the whole community

    gabriele renzi, Jul 21, 2005

  3. Ara.T.Howard

    Guest

    On Thu, 21 Jul 2005, gabriele renzi wrote:

    > Ara.T.Howard ha scritto:
    > (snip)
    > great stuff,ara thanks.

    glad you enjoyed it.

    > fwiw, can I suggest that interviews like this appear on rubygarden?

    you mean instead of sciruby?

    > IMHO It would be nice if it become the main reference for "indipendent"
    > contents from the whole community

    which?

    -a
    | phone :: 303.497.6469
    | My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness.
    | --Tenzin Gyatso

    , Jul 22, 2005
  4. ha scritto:
    > On Thu, 21 Jul 2005, gabriele renzi wrote:
    >
    >> Ara.T.Howard ha scritto:
    >> (snip)
    >> great stuff,ara thanks.

    > glad you enjoyed it.
    >
    >> fwiw, can I suggest that interviews like this appear on rubygarden?

    > you mean instead of sciruby?

    yes, but please consider this as just a suggestion.
    What I mean is that I think of this kind of content more appropriate for
    rubygarden, since it is not the kind of dynamic content/information
    store that I envision when I think of a wiki. But obviously this are
    just my two cents

    >> IMHO It would be nice if it become the main reference for
    >> "indipendent" contents from the whole community

    > which?

    well, there are a lot of people writing nice pieces on their blogs,
    podcasts, interviews, mini tutorials and so on, but those are shuffled
    all around the internet, it would be nice if people could think "I'm
    gonna write .. and I'm gonna put it on rubygarden like everyone else".

    gabriele renzi, Jul 22, 2005
  5. Ara.T.Howard

    pat eyler Guest

    On 7/22/05, gabriele renzi <> wrote:

    > well, there are a lot of people writing nice pieces on their blogs,
    > podcasts, interviews, mini tutorials and so on, but those are shuffled
    > all around the internet, it would be nice if people could think "I'm
    > gonna write .. and I'm gonna put it on rubygarden like everyone else".
    >=20

    It would be nice to allow posts at rubygarden to be cross posted to=20
    the author's blog a'la 43 things via some kind of gateway.

    >=20

    --=20
    thanks,
    -pate
    -------------------------
    We are often unable to tell people what they need to know, because=20
    they want to know something else, and would therefore only=20
    misunderstand what we said
    - the Raven (George MacDonald, Lilith)

    pat eyler, Jul 22, 2005
  6. Ara.T.Howard

    James Britt Guest

    gabriele renzi wrote:
    > ..
    >
    > well, there are a lot of people writing nice pieces on their blogs,
    > podcasts, interviews, mini tutorials and so on, but those are shuffled
    > all around the internet, it would be nice if people could think "I'm
    > gonna write .. and I'm gonna put it on rubygarden like everyone else".

    Centralization is overrated.

    Tag 'em on del.icio.us.

    One can get an RSS feed of Ruby-related items to see what's new.

    James

    James Britt, Jul 22, 2005