[SCIRUBY] ruby, that guy on the cell phone behind you, and terabytes

Ara.T.Howard

i don't know whether to commend rick nooner or commit him. he's slinging
around terabytes per day in order to make voice over ip (voip) that much
better - that guy in line behind you on the phone never had such a good
connection!

i guess we should all commend him because he's blazing the trail for all those
ruby developers out there wondering if building a globally distributed
analysis system designed to chew through reams of data per day can be done
with our quiet little language or if something like that means saying the 'j'
word.

read all about it at the sciruby site

http://sciruby.codeforpeople.com/sr.cgi/SciRubyInterviews/RickNooner

enjoy.