    LINUX it does not work. SciTEGlobal.properties state around line 352:

    # Printing - only works on Windows

    Why? How is print formatting determined under LINUX (PLAT_GTK)?

    Konrad Koller, Aug 19, 2004

  2. Konrad Koller

    Neil Hodgson Guest

    Konrad Koller:

    > Under Windows print formatting (header, footer etc.) is OK. Under
    > LINUX it does not work. SciTEGlobal.properties state around line 352:
    >
    > # Printing - only works on Windows
    >
    > Why? How is print formatting determined under LINUX (PLAT_GTK)?

    On Windows, the same API is used for drawing to the screen and printer so
    SciTE performs printing itself. GTK+ doesn't provide a printing API so SciTE
    calls an external application, with the default being a2ps set by
    command.print.*=a2ps "$(FileNameExt)"

    Neil

    Neil Hodgson, Aug 19, 2004

  3. How is print formatting determined under LINUX (PLAT_GTK)?

    Neil wrote:
    > On Windows, the same API is used for drawing to the screen and printer so
    >SciTE performs printing itself. GTK+ doesn't provide a printing API so SciTE
    >calls an external application, with the default being a2ps set by
    >command.print.*=a2ps "$(FileNameExt)"

    Thank you very much for your valuable hint. I could try to add
    appropriate options to a2ps, but to fulfill my formatting demands I
    prefer to write a short Python program for printing (only for Linux).
    Nevertheless SciTE remains my favorite tool for developments with
    Python.

    Cheers Konrad

    Konrad Koller, Aug 22, 2004