SCJP exam ?

arsalanaslam

New to Java stuff. How many exams are required to become SCJP?

And what are the exam ?

chris brat

None are required to write the SCJP.

You can write it at most prometric testing centres.

Check out the Sun sit sun.java.com for all the details.

chris brat

To become an SCJP you only have to write the SCJP exam - typed before I
properly

Tony Morris

New to Java stuff. How many exams are required to become SCJP?

And what are the exam ?

Perhaps you mean the SCJD assignment and exam? You have to complete the SCJP
before doing that. Any monkey can walk in off the street and do the SCJP -
no pre-requisites.

chris brat

I typed my response before I read the original post properly.

I apologise for my poorly worded posts - Been a long week.

Chris Smith

SuperCoder said:
Are you talking about writing or taking the exam?

The phrase "writing an exam" is commonly used in some parts of the world
to mean the same thing as "taking an exam". I don't live is such a part
of the world so it sorta jolts me, too, but I've seen it often enough to
know that it's normal.

SuperCoder

Well, thats what I thought. How can writing an exam makes you
certified.
Got confused :)

chris brat

Writing (and passing) the exam does make you a certified Java
programmer, as it is a certification exam - why the confusion with
this?

Chris Smith

chris brat said:
Writing (and passing) the exam does make you a certified Java
programmer, as it is a certification exam - why the confusion with
this?

It's just a language issue. The phrase "writing an exam" can have two
different meanings:

1. Creating a set of questions for others to answer.
2. Answering a set of questions that already exists.

You clearly mean sense (2). When I (and apparently others) see the
phrase, sense (1) is what first occurs to me. As I said, though, it's
clear that some part of the world regularly uses the phrase "writing an
exam" to mean (2). This probably led to the confusion on "SuperCoder"'s
part. It's just a figure of speech that's not universally understood.

chris brat

Well explained.

In my backwater country we would say "set a paper" to describe sense
(1).

Engels is maar n snaakse taal ne?